Jacob Michelsens Gård
The history of the farm dates back to the cadastre of Aabenraa from 1535, in which four farms in the village of Kolstrup are mentioned.
The farms are also found on Johannes Meier's map from 1641.
The farm was acquired by the Michelsen-family in 1847. By 1958, one of the family's daughters had opened up the kitchen and the living room to the public.This was the beginning of the small local museum.
Today, the farmhouse, the farmer's workhouse, the baking house, and the protected garden are open to visitors on special occasions. Usually, the traditional baking weekends, during which bread is made in the baking house.
On the farm, visitors will be enlightened about the past of women's work in the rural areas of Southern Jutland and find objects that testify to the history of the family.
The farm is owned by the Municipality of Aabenraa, but is operated by the Museum Sønderjylland with assistance from volunteers and the financial support of Anne Helene and Karen Michelsen's Foundation.
It is possible for groups to visit the farm by appointment with Museum Sønderjylland - Kulturhistorie Aabenraa.
Special events for Carnival, in June, September and at Christmas.